This page has moved to a new address.

Review ★ It's Skin Babyface Blushers

A S T R O P H O R I A: Review ★ It's Skin Babyface Blushers

This page has moved to a new address.

Review ★ It's Skin Babyface Blushers

A S T R O P H O R I A: Review ★ It's Skin Babyface Blushers

Wednesday 12 June 2013

Review ★ It's Skin Babyface Blushers

I couldn't find a lot of reviews on the babyface blushers, so I thought I'd do one for the people who are interested in them! It's Skin isn't uber popular, but their packaging is cute nonetheless. I know a lot of people love the macaron lip balms though (they smell really good, and they're moisturizing too).





These are the ones I bought:
★ #3 Romantic Rose
★ #4 Sweet Peach

They also come in:
★ #1 Lovely Pink
★ #2 Pure Lavender

It comes with a soft puff with a ribbon. I don't use the puffs so I just store them somewhere else and use a brush instead. If you opt for using a brush too, you will have to have a small one to be able to pick up the product, since a bigger brush probably won't fit into the container. The blush has the same face as the packaging, which fades away after a few uses.

I swiped them 2-3 times
The texture of the blushes is soft, and powdery. The colour goes on sheer, but it's buildable. I think that's a good quality in a blush, because it's better to start with a little and build up to the opacity you want, rather than trying to fix it if the blush comes off too red/orange/pink. It's important to avoid applying too much blush so you don't look like a clown, since blush is supposed to give off that natural looking flush.

The blushes have a subtle shimmer to them, but it's not as much as some of Benefit's blushes. Romantic Rose is a great colour for fair-medium skin tones, whereas Lovely Pink is geared towards people who are very fair-fair. Lovely Peach appears more like a light beige, but it can be used to warm up the colour of your cheeks if you are on the fairer side. It kind of looks like a light bronzer/foundation colour. I've never seen a swatch for Pure Lavender; but, I would assume it's good for fair/cool skin tones judging from the opinions on high-end purple blushes. Most purple blushes appear as a cool mauve-pink when applied. As usual, this would also be more appropriate for people with a fair complexion (since many Korean face products are geared towards people who are fair to medium in terms of skin colour).

Pros
+ Colour is buildable
+ Subtle shimmer adds a healthy glow
+ Cute packaging
+ Long-lasting (it stayed on my face until I removed my make-up, so maybe about ~6hrs)
+ Small packaging is makes it convenient for traveling or carrying it in your make-up bag/purse/handbag.

Cons
+ You have to hold the puff by the ribbon, which might be kind of difficult. Most face make-up applicators usually have a band which you slide your fingers under.
+ Not a lot of product due to its size

Rating: ★★★★☆

Where to purchase? The colours are listed separately at $6.99 USD each (#1 Lovely Pink, #2 Pure Lavender#3 Romantic Rose#4 Sweet Peach)

Would I repurchase? I'll be purchasing other blushes before considering whether or not to repurchase, since I haven't really tried out many blushes. But I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a cheap blush with cute packaging.

& for readers: Do you call it blush, or blusher? 
I know people call it blush or blusher in different places, so I was wondering which term do you guys use 8D.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 12 June 2013 at 18:09 , Blogger The Serotinal said...

The packaging and puff is very cute!
I call it blusher ^^

 
At 12 June 2013 at 20:43 , Blogger thepigs said...

i call it blush but i feel like people say blusher more :o lovely beige looks so pretty c:

 
At 13 June 2013 at 08:33 , Blogger Unknown said...

I've been eyeing these on ebay! But so far I've resisted, as they look similar to the Etude cookie blushers which I have a few of already ^^

The packaging is so adorable - especially the wing detail~

I like to call it blusher, but only cos it sounds cuter, lol.

 
At 13 June 2013 at 11:22 , Blogger Junjun said...

These are so cute! *A* I really do want to try this now, after reading your review! o: I call these blush, but blusher sounds so much cuter~

 
At 14 June 2013 at 18:50 , Blogger JNN said...

The face on the Babyface product line is so cute ; u;~

 
At 14 June 2013 at 18:52 , Blogger JNN said...

I call it that too LOL. I don't think I've heard many people here refer to it as blusher; but I hear it a lot from youtube gurus xD

 
At 14 June 2013 at 18:54 , Blogger JNN said...

I think most blushes are generally similar, so you're probably not missing out on much if you like the Etude House ones :D.

I wish the wing detail was drawn on the packaging though, or attached to it haha.

 
At 14 June 2013 at 18:58 , Blogger JNN said...

You should try them out if you're looking for a blush :D. They're quite nice, and they're around the same price as drugstore blushes (perhaps cheaper if you consider taxes LOL) :>

I think blusher sounds cuter too!

 
At 20 June 2013 at 17:17 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there!
I was wondering, from the two colors you purchased, which color do you like more? Do you have a picture of you wearing it?

 
At 20 June 2013 at 20:24 , Blogger JNN said...

Hi~ I like the pink one more. The peach one is a little too orangey, so it's kind of like a beige rather than a conventional orange blush color.

I don't have a picture of me wearing it, since I don't have proper lighting for the blush to show up well unless I pile it on.

 
At 23 June 2013 at 07:34 , Blogger every day kawaii said...

i didnt understand, did you get it from eBay? coz its more expensive there than what u mention :(
thats adorable i just love everything with wings!<3

 
At 23 June 2013 at 10:38 , Blogger JNN said...

That's so weird o_o. It still shows up as $6.99 USD for me in the links I provided in the where to purchase section D: (although it might show up in your own currency, which may be more because of the exchange rate).

A lot of It's Skins Babyface line have the wing design on the packaging or the exterior packaging :3.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home