This page has moved to a new address.

Review ★ Yesstyle [sponsored]

A S T R O P H O R I A: Review ★ Yesstyle [sponsored]

This page has moved to a new address.

Review ★ Yesstyle [sponsored]

A S T R O P H O R I A: Review ★ Yesstyle [sponsored]

Tuesday 23 September 2014

Review ★ Yesstyle [sponsored]

Hello lovelies!

Today I'll be taking a break from reviewing makeup and skincare for a review on a fashion item. I don't really do fashion posts, except for the rare fashion haul because my preferences are pretty bland LOL, but a representative from YesStyle contacted me and offered to sponsor an article of clothing for review~ So I'm greatly appreciative of the opportunity that they've provided me!

I put the star over my address~
I'm sure most of you have heard of YesStyle or even purchased from the website at one point, since it has been around for quite awhile now. But if you don't know, they sell clothing styles that are trendy in Asia. The store sells an abundance of Asian brands that you may have even seen on Tumblr (ie. Sechuna, Dodostyle, etc.) from Korean fashion blogs. Aside from clothes, they also sell beauty products~ The best part is that they have free shipping (with a minimum purchase, depending on your country)!

The item I selected for reviewing purposes is this top from a Korean brand called White Fox (which can be found HERE). I wanted to pick something that meshed in with my own style. Even though it's sponsored, I feel like it would be a waste if it was something I wouldn't actually wear out. The top can be dressed up or down, depending on the occasion, which is one of the main things I look for when I consider buying clothes~ I also really like pieces that can last for more than one season, because I'm not one to buy something just for S/S or F/W. I'm definitely about versatility, hence why I don't own a lot of patterned clothes because I feel plainer, more basic clothes transition through seasons well.

Please continue reading for my review, as well as gratuitous selcas aha~


So the package came in a plastic mailing bag that was sealed with tape (as seen before the cut), which is pretty standard to a good amount of clothing stores. There are some stores that mail items in boxes though (ie. Aritzia, Anthropologie, etc.). The top comes packaged in another plastic bag with the YesStyle text on it- also pretty standard to clothing stores since that's how clothes are stocked.

Left: front // Right: back
C L O T H I N G   M E A S U R E M E N T S
Shoulder: 20.5cm (8.7 inches)
Bust: 68-82cm (26.77 - 32.28 inches)
Total length: 56cm (22.05 inches)

M A T E R I A L S
Polyester (60%)
Rayon (40%)


I like the style of the top because you can tie the strings so that it has an empire waist, which adds more shape when worn~ The zip can't be undone, so you can't wear it as a vest, and you have to put it on in the same way you would put on a blouse. I'm going to assume that it was intended to be that way, since it doesn't have the bottom portion of a normal zipper(insert pin, box pin, retaining box). Instead it is just closed off.

I would say that it doesn't fit into the 'One Size'/'Free' notion very well, especially since it isn't stretchy and there isn't a smock back. One size generally sizes XS-L. So as for sizing, I think it fits a size XS-M the best. For the record, I usually wear an S-M, and this is quite fitted on me. Also noting that Asian clothes run smaller than American/Western sizing. Clothes that appear on the more looser side will fit an XS-L, sometimes even XL.


The strings make it easy to adjust between the sizes, so you can make the shirt lower if you need to. The string is pretty long; it is meant to be threaded through the loops on the front and back for a strappy look. The empire waist style gives an illusion of fuller hips, which can make someone look curvier. However, it can be a little too 'puffy' looking for those who have larger hips.

Shorts: Wilfred, purchased from Aritzia
Jacket: Wilfred, purchased from Wilfred
Shoes: Aldo
I'm not used to taking outfit pictures (except for my snapchat stories in the morning LOL), so please forgive me! I dressed up the top in an outfit that I thought fit together well~ In my opinion, the top looks best with jeggings/leggings, shorts, or skinny jeans, since a fitted bottom or bare legs balances out the looser top.


Oddly enough, the zip doesn't completely close the zipper, as you can see in the images. The zip doesn't go all the way to the top, but rather stops before the end points. It's not a problem regarding the size, but rather how the closure was made.

Overall, it's a nice shirt and I love how light and flowy it is ^ u ^. I can throw on a cardigan or a jacket without worrying about overheating due to the thickness of the material! It's very versatile, and the black gives it an extra 'classy' looking factor~ It fits comfortably, so I don't have any problems with the fit too! In terms of quality, it is decent-good, but perhaps I'm just spoiled LOL. But I'm also saying that because of the quality of the zipper.

Feel free to check out YesStyle if you're interested in (for the most part) reasonably priced, fashionable clothes! A lot of their cardigans, knits, shirts, etc. are moderately priced, and sometimes even cheap with a sale going on. Although some things may be considered expensive relative to others, the brand should also be taken into consideration. YesStyle caters to a lot of styles, so I'm sure there is almost always something for someone!

I have purchased from YesStyle multiple times before, and I have yet to have a problem with their service. I can also try to answer any questions about ordering and whatnot to the best of my ability ^^~

R A T I N G
Quality: ★★★★☆
Fit: ★★★★★
Overall rating: ★★★★★

Follow on Bloglovin

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home