This page has moved to a new address.

Review ★ Peripera Heart Glow Stick

A S T R O P H O R I A: Review ★ Peripera Heart Glow Stick

This page has moved to a new address.

Review ★ Peripera Heart Glow Stick

A S T R O P H O R I A: Review ★ Peripera Heart Glow Stick

Monday 6 October 2014

Review ★ Peripera Heart Glow Stick

Hello!!

Today I will be reviewing Peripera's Heart Glow Stick in Pink Beam, which is from their Heart Glow collection! I bought this on a whim during Jolse's 15% off event, and since highlighting and contouring has become a lot more popular lately. Although those methods of accentuating features have been commonly practiced, I feel as if it has become a lot more prominent over the course of the year- noticeably with all the contour palettes that have come out.


I don't own many highlighters, and eyeshadows can be used for emphasizing certain features such as the nose bridge or cupid's bow. However, eyeshadows can be a bit too pigmented for areas such as the cheekbones, forehead, or chin, whereas actual highlighters/concealers are more subtle. But yeah! Please continue reading if you're interested in this super cute product!

This product comes in two colours which are Pink Beam and Gold Aura. Pink Beam was created for cool tones, whereas Gold Aura is meant for warmer tones. Although I lean more towards a warmer tone, I don't think something that is too bronze works as a highlighter for me. Although I think it serves a better purpose for those with darker skin tones. Even though I think Gold Aura would work better strictly for those with dark skin tones for a more bronze, sun-kissed glow, I do believe that Pink Aura would look good on anyone. It really comes down to your preferences, and the look you're going for.







So I've seen many people review Peripera's products, and I've always thought the packaging was on point and adorable! The artwork on the boxes give it that artsy factor and some originality. I love how the box is shaped because the design ties it together and makes it look like a house! The creative packaging adds to the overall appeal of the product. All of the information is in Hangul, so I don't know what it says. But presumably their ingredients aren't listed because of how little text there is, and it's simply a description of what the product does and how to use it.

Image taken from Jolse.com
The adorable infographic shows you where to apply it based on your face shape, which is really helpful for mapping out where to place the highlight!



The packaging of the product itself has a cute heart design and it is made of plastic. The Gold Aura's packaging has a birthday cake design on it, which is also super adorable~


It comes with a small cap on the inside to protect the stick.

It is lightly scented, but I'm unsure how to describe it LOL. It's not really floral, nor is it fruity... but fresh? I feel as if scents are generally categorized into floral or fruity, or just luxurious (ie. YSL and Chanel products kind of smell like they came from an expensive store, or their stores respectively). In my opinion, it has a nice scent though~



It feels cool to touch, which doesn't really bare any weighting on the quality. I've tried applying this by swiping it on my face, but I don't think that works too well since it pulls on my skin. It is not smooth in texture like the NARS multiple, so it does not glide-on easily. I think the best way to apply it is to dab it on, that way you don't pull on your skin. I think it's great for a really subtle highlight, but I don't think it works well as a strong highlight. I prefer to build it up, rather than pack it on and then blend it out. It really all comes down to how you prefer to do your highlighting, but starting off small and adding more is usually the safer route.

It does not blend out easily, so it's hard to diminish harsh lines if you apply it too heavily. The finish doesn't appear as high quality dewy effect like BB creams, cream blushers, etc., but more so like a fine, powdery finish. On the upside, it does not emphasize any flakiness or dry patches, which can happen with some of these products.

I feel that it's a decent product, but then again, I haven't really tried many highlighting sticks, so I don't have much to compare to. It isn't very impressive, especially at this price point ($17); but it isn't bad. It feels more so like a drugstore product, and well, a powder or highlighter stick could probably be found at a cheaper price. The packaging might be uber cute, but it's a passable product.

P R O S 
+ Buildable highlight 
+ Nice scent
+ Cute packaging
+ Doesn't accentuate dry patches

C O N S
- Does not blend easily

R A T I N G 
Effectiveness: ★★★☆
Packaging: ★★★★★
Price: ★★★
Overall quality: ★★★★

W H E R E   T O   P U R C H A S E?
From Jolse for $16.98 USD, link can be found here~

Do you use highlighters? If so, which is your favourite? 

Follow on Bloglovin

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home